Thursday, February 11, 2010

Tragic Day in Fashion.

Well, just like all the other fashionatics.. I'm in shock. I might have teared a bit as well.
Lee Alexander committed suicide.. sad.
from a BBC article: 
"In 1996, the man nicknamed "the hooligan of English fashion", with his close-cropped hair and Doc Martens, was named head designer at the Paris couture house of Givenchy."
"On 3 February, he wrote on his Twitter page that his mother Joyce had passed away the day before, adding: "RIP mumxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx." Four days later he wrote that he had had an "awful week" but said "friends have been great", adding: "now i have to some how pull myself together".
 Thead, i enjoyed your post (btw) I've been looking at some McQueen lines and such and I thought "I bet Gaga is completely heartbroken"





Damn.. What a sick video. 
He was the perfect choice to do the wardrobe for it.
Thead, I remember the first time you and I saw these. 


Some of my favorites: 
Spring '07

Spring '08
geez, this man was a genius. it is clear through his work. 
crystal clear.

Fall 2008 Ready-to-wear Collection:
<3
Kinda a southern-belle-of the ball feel eh?
I would walk the streets of T.O. like this.
fur cape= love.

Goodbye McQueen.. who will take over now? no one will be able to replace you dear man.
Po <3


2 comments:

  1. reading this made me so sad again :( what an incredibly marvelous man.
    who will be our next fashion queen ??!
    I read today that he was even appointed by the Queen, she made him a Commander of the British Empire for his fashion leadership in 2003!
    This is too tragic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OO by the Queen eh!
    i know, I'm wondering the SAME thing. whooo will take over!?
    i doubt they would be as creative and make master pieces as well as Lee Alexander. doubt it.

    ReplyDelete