Thursday, February 11, 2010

RIP Alexander McQueen

I'm absolutely devastated as I write this post. 
A fashion genius, Alexander McQueen has taken himself from this world, way too soon. Hopefully, for his sake, he's in a better place, but he's definitely left the fashion world with a hole in its heart. He was truly a magnificent designer and revolutionary.
I first fell in love with the brilliance that is McQueen back in the day, with his Fall 2005 Collection. I remember watching it over and over again on Fashion Television, and it truly ignited my love for fashion.  

 

However, what I assume to be his last collection, Spring 2010, was just as amazing, if not more so than his previous shows. 


The clothing was sublime, the shoes were amazing, and the collection transcended time.
Typical McQueen..


Goodbye Alexander McQueen.
RIP 1969-2010

No comments:

Post a Comment